Hey Blog, ever daydream about what you'd buy with your lottery winnings? I know, what can an anthropomorphized disembodied being use, really? Well, this week a person in my life spent a carpload of money on a luxury item and it got me to thinking about the Two Categories of Luxury Stuff. You know, "Stuff I would buy only if I were filthy rich" and "Stuff I wouldn't buy even if I were filthy rich."
1. Jewelry that features giant diamonds.
2. Memorabilia items owned by famous celebrities.
3. Sets of super expensive matching furniture, and/or stainless steel appliances.
4. A luxury car like a BMW.
5. An iPhone and/or a Mac. Yeah, I'm that way.
6. Front row seats to a concert by some hugely popular artist/band.
7. Designer clothes, shoes, and/or purses.
8. Celery. I really don't like celery at all.
9. A private plane.
10. Tickets to the Super Bowl for life.
So, because everyone in the blogosphere really wants to know, here are some things I would buy only if I were filthy rich:
2. Some really awesome art like maybe a glass piece by Dale Chululy.
3. A rock wall and water feature built into my living room.
4. A private seminar on polymer clay art with Christi Friesen.
5. A home theater system with leather recliners and stuff.
6. Lobster for dinner on a regular basis.
7. A wing in my house that I could convert to a home for a couple dozen shelter cats.
8. A ton of advertising in every possible medium for my books.
9. A vacation home in a warmer clime where I could live in the winter when Wisconsin sucks.
So readers, what do you think? Is there a luxury item you can't see ever wanting to own? What would be your first luxury purchase after the windfall?
Oh, and I would not keep the Chululy in the part of the house with the couple dozen cats.